Sunday, October 5, 2014

Baby Steps

  In life sometimes we are faced with certain obstacles. At times there are so many of them coming at you at once, that it seems unbearable. I was faced with some of these unbearable circumstances a few years ago. I just couldn't seem to figure out how I was going to overcome them. That's when I realized I wasn't supposed to figure it all out alone. It took an overwhelming amount of weight placed on my back for me to discover I needed help! That's when I invited God into my life. That strong, independent girl that thought she had it all figured out needed someone to step in and take over. 
  I still wasn't sure how my problems were going to be solved, but I figured I had to begin by taking baby steps. I began by reevaluating my priorities in life. I decided to shift things around a bit. My new priorities became my Faith, my Family, and Fitness. I knew that in order for me to truly be that strong woman God created me to be, I had to be strong mind, body, and spirit. To me these things became all encompassing; I could not have one without the other. They were a package deal! I can honestly tell you that this has been by far one of the best decisions I've made. I encourage you to take time out today to reevaluate your priorities. It all starts by taking a few baby steps..... 

Love,

Jeanette 
An Athlete On A Mission 

  Hebrews 12:1-2 ~ Let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment