Thursday, February 19, 2015

Plan, Prepare and Expect


When was the last time you prepared a vision board? Have you ever prepared one? If you haven't, I encourage you to do so.

I went into 2015 with intention and expectation. Knowing that I had a lot I wanted to accomplish this year prompted me to create a vision board. We've heard it said time and time again... "Those who plan, prosper." So why don't we plan? I believe that oftentimes we do plan, we just lack execution. We get "busy" and next thing you know another year has past. I refuse to allow that to happen to me this year! My vision board serves not only as a reminder of my goals, but it's also a form of motivation. Half of my board is full of affirmations and Bible verses, while the other half paints a clear picture of what I want to accomplish. 

One of the goals I set myself this year was to improve my weightlifting skills and my overall performance as an athlete. I've been doing CrossFit for almost 4 years now. In January I took an Olympic Weightlifting Certification Seminar.  At this seminar I met Jim Krebs who is now my weightlifting coach and nutrition counselor. Jim has only been training me for about a month but I can already see major improvements in my technique, form, and my overall athletic performance. He clearly was an answer to one of my prayers. I look forward to continuing this journey with him. He's an amazing coach! 
                                                                        Jim Krebs a/k/a KrebStrong
 
I share this because I want you to plan, prepare, and prosper this year! :) Figure out what your priorities are. If you don't know what you're working towards, other things become priority. Stay focused and determined and don't let life get in the way! 

                                                                          My 2015 Vision Board

Love,

Jeanette, An Athlete On A Mission 

Psalms 20:4 ~ May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring! Thanks for sharing your vision board Jeanette. Every January I put a new vision board on my refrigerator. That way, I'm seeing it several times a day. It really makes a difference. Those things on your board do come true. Jason

    ReplyDelete