Saturday, October 31, 2015

Building A Future


I am a paralegal. I am an athlete. And I am a missionary. All of these things embody who I am today.I do not live an ordinary life. I live an extraordinary life! In the words of my Pastor Linda Freeman, "when I chose to follow Jesus, I chose a life of adventure!"

I thank my parents for imparting in me as a child, the foundations of faith and the importance of having an education. I strongly believe I am who I am today as a result of those things.

This past August I traveled to Cambodia with a missions team. We have partnered with an organization by the name of Cambodian Care. This organization has a vision of establishing 200 schools. These schools will give children an opportunity to learn how to read and write, and more importantly, to learn about their creator Jesus Christ. There is no greater gift than the gift of an education. Every child deserves the opportunity to learn. Education is power! Having an education and faith in Jesus Christ opens doors to the impossible.

We were all placed on this earth for a reason. God doesn't make mistakes. If he made you, you have a purpose. Part of your journey in this life is discovering that purpose. Life is not meant to be a sprint, it's a marathon. Enjoy every step along the way.





Love,

Jeanette, An Athlete On A Mission

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ for I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

2 comments: